Yelarbon Farm Tour + Lunch
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Bec as she leads you on a short drive from Yelarbon to AJD Farming, where Anthony will show you how his family are involved in pumpkin production. From growing through to packing, you will get to see the full process, and maybe even score a free pumpkin!
From here you will enjoy a delicious picnic lunch on the banks of the river, before continuing along the road to Eric and Leigh Glasser's farm, "Glenhurst".
At "Glenhurst" you will take in the 1000 acre cattle grazing enterprise, as well as a demonstration for making on farm compost for broad acre application. The Glasser's are Certified Organic, so if you are interested in soil health and organic farming methods this is the tour for you.
- The tour commences at the parking bay in the Main Street of Yelarbon at 10.30am, located just near the railway crossing.
- Part of this tour will be outdoors and in areas that are shared with livestock. We recommend wearing clothes that provide protection from the sun as well as closed in shoes.
- This tour is self-drive with a guide car leading you from farm to farm. You will need your own vehicle to complete this tour.
- Guided tour through AJD Farming
- Guided tour through "Glenhurst"
- Morning Tea & Lunch